Tuesday, September 22, 2015

weekly gardeners

Four days a week, I have to hear the gas powered mowers and gas powered blowers from different neighbors. Why can't they coordinate a share a single gardener? It seems it would benefit everyone if we could put up with this noise once a week as opposed to several times (mostly at 7am).

I probably don't need to talk about how much pollution is expelled by the average gas blower. Yuck!

I do my own gardening. I use push mower.



Fiskars Staysharp Max Reel Mower, 18-Inch It is a very quiet model made by Fiskars and it works fairly well. This mower excels at long, straight runs. It dumps the cut grass in a forward direction as I mow. In my mind, my grass area is so small there's no reason to use a gas powered mower. The mower is nearly silent and I get light exercise at the same time. Furthermore, I've found it easier to use this mower as opposed to an electric mower. Still, I've kept my electric mower to help chop fall leaves for the compost bin - more on that later.


I bought this Faskars Staysharp mower from Amazon for less than $200. That's still less than an average gas powered mower, plus this push mower is definitely low maintenance.






No comments:

Post a Comment